Pinched Nerve Physical Therapy Treatment
Pinched Nerve Physical Therapy
One-On-One, Hands-On Care. Effective, Long-Term Recovery.
When I first came into Therapydia I could barely move but with the help of Sabrina I was able to get my mobility back. Her attention and ability to assess my injuries was amazing. The exercises she assigned me have made a massive difference in my daily life. I am so thankful to have found Therapydia and to finally be out of pain!
Therapydia is awesome. My therapist is Emily and I could ask for none better! I started with severe back pain. With her help and guidance and patience I am now pain free. Thank you Emily! She also gave me an exercise program I can do at home to continue to improve on my own. During my visits I have interacted with all of the staff. They are a kind and caring group. I highly recommend Therapydia.
Sabrina was my physical therapist. I was seeing her for a back injury that I got at my job. Everyday she would assess my back to see how flexible it was. I never felt like she rushed things and always felt a little better after each visit. She was always very friendly, encouraging and uplifting. Thanks to her I was able to go back to work full time and be able to rough house with my daughter again.
Pinched Nerve Pain Relief
A pinched nerve is caused when tissue compresses the nerves around it. If your nerve is pinched for a long period, it may lead to chronic pain and permanent nerve damage. Injury, poor posture, arthritis, repetitive stress and certain sports activities may cause tissue to compress your nerves.
When a nerve is compressed, it causes inflammation and you may experience the following symptoms:
• Sharp radiating pain
• Muscle weakness
One common issue with pinched nerves is the pain does not stay at the site of the pinched nerve. Pain typically radiates down the nerve into other locations including legs, hands and shoulders.
Nerves run throughout your body and can be compressed due to a variety of reason. To treat the pain you may be experiencing due to your pinched nerve, your physical therapist will need to pinpoint the cause of the nerve compression. Below are some common conditions associated with pinched nerves:
• Back, leg, arm, leg (Herniated disc): If a disc becomes worn out or injured, the disk may displaced towards the spinal canal, putting pressure on your nerves. Depending on the nerve, it may cause pain and numbness down your neck, back, arm, and legs. Sciatica is a common condition caused by a herniated disc.
• Shoulder (Cervical radiculopathy): Neck nerve compression that may cause shoulder pain and numbness down your arm and to your hand.
• Wrist (Carpal tunnel): Increased pressure due to inflammation on the median nerve that travels through a tunnel in the wrist.
• Elbow (Ulna nerve entrapment): Ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in your arm. It is commonly constricted around the elbow and numbness may radiate down to you pinky/hand.
Physical therapists are medical professionals with a graduate degree and clinical experience. They have the ability to examine, diagnose, treat and help prevent conditions that hinder movement. Movement can be anything from getting out of bed to walking around your neighborhood.
- Manual therapy techniques may be used to help relieve nerve pressure and increase mobility of stiff joints and muscles.
- Custom exercises to strengthen your muscles, increase joint mobilization and stretch nerves to reduce pain.
- Posture education and workstation optimization to reduce pressure and inflammation.
During your treatment session, your Therapydia physical therapist will work with you one-on-one to understand what your needs and goals are. Your first appointment is called an initial evaluation and will include a head-to-toe analysis of your biomechanics and movement to pinpoint causes of your pain. Your physical therapist will walk you through your custom set of exercises.
About Therapydia Portland
Better Physical Therapy Experience
At Therapydia Portland, our physical therapists offer one-on-one, hands-on treatment. You’ll spend your entire with one of our expert therapists – we won’t hand you off to a PT assistant or aide. With our manual therapy techniques and custom exercise programs, we’ll help you strengthen your musculature and correct your mechanics to get rid of your nerve pain. We’ll help you understand what’s causing your pain, what you can do to relieve your pain and ways to prevent reoccurring injuries.
Best of all, you’re covered. Therapydia works with and provides billing for most insurance groups and Medicare. We also accept cash payments.
- Lifetime Wellness
- Quality Treatment
Schedule Your Appointment
Start your physical therapy treatment with Therapydia
[contact-form-7 id=”2290″ title=”Contact form 1″]